A Newer Art Chapter in Manila

A Newer Art Chapter in Manila

April 15, 2009, 4:14 am




    I wonder what would this new chapter bring?  I am excited for the run.  A thrill for the unexpected and a high for the journey.  I am back in Manila for a long time.  There are some changes that are here to stay

    I've looked back in the past and have had my share of hang-ups, insecurities, confrontations and challenges.  Perhaps I have counted what I had missed rather than what I have gained.  Material commodities and security are gains that one could expound when one had them.  I appreciate my journey more for having them.  Knowing what you are capable of and understanding the playing field.

    Just doing your research is a big contentment for me.  I rather felt guilty that I opted for a hiatus when everyone was finally sitting down and working.  Stress brings out the best in me or rather the stubborn facet in me.  I had stretched myself far and distanced myself too long for comfort in these few years.  A long meditation of three years seems to be a good idea then.  I appreciate it now even more being there once with the immediacy of the current situation... Well, I am back for good.  I am very happy about what I see on the field.  A lot of artists have taken the international level seriously... They have come back with new works that we could only be better with.  Some have not come back and that is there loss.  A new taste and distinctions have whet the appreciation more for good Filipino art.

   It is not one's fault that we face a bigger challenge with the world economic situation.  It is a boon now for us seeing the market has always been there albeit temporarily unstable.  I am now ready for a new chapter with the newer people in the field.  I hope I am ready for it with a newer zest for changes...
Recession has affected a lot of industries and the art scene has not been left untouched and coming up with newer works could be financially breaking with the audiences eyeing the market viability and liquidity.  Remembering that understanding and always learning would equip ourselves with our tools to survive.  The market will always have its supporters for gains and detractors for losses.  One could always appreciate buying when the prices are lower or selling when it is higher.  Now I guess is the time to produce more and exhibit often... We have newer audiences with our youth coming of age and newer artists to welcome in our folds.

    The international art fairs, biennale and auctions might have just closed its doors but it would open new avenues for a different venue for the Filipino artists or rather the Filipino Art.  Galleries have opened and committed themselves.  Weathering out this temporary set back is the attitude.  Reinventing themselves opens up a newer appreciation and a wider support.  A few years back we rue the lack of venues for art viewing that brought the ARS and now that we have better galleries would we rue again?    
    In bigger playing fields we should play bigger and better.  Hiding now is a waste of time unless you want to regroup.  It is time for the foundations to widen and encompass the newer set of players - the younger artists.  They have always been aggressive and more so now that a better future awaits them with more exposure, easy tested access and knowledge for better works.

    One could be brilliant about one's approach.  Learning the ropes first before jumping in should be automatic... A time and tested strategy.  Changing or rather to let it run its full course and understand the flow before rushing in has its advantages... Changes need not be confrontational but going with the current rather than against it and coursing it to different direction to lessen the strength.  Here we gather the strength to make it run over mountains and over falls.  In this case the 2009 recession in the Philippines will be a cinch.  It will be here for the next couple of years but we Filipinos will survive and now we will chart a new direction with other Asian artists with our awareness of standing up when we stumble and being stronger.  Let's paddle some more art for the coming years.  04 14 2009



*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan



PS A friend posted this disclosure.  I am willing to try it out.

Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.  You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein.  The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.  UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Stay In New York City

A Disclosure for My Blogs

Ruminating Death