A Time for Respite

12 18 2009

Am in big for 2010. A lot of my plans are realizing and have been swamped with details. I have plans to travel abroad to Belgium and France (hmmm do I need a visa?), have been swamped with pre-employment details with JPMC-- it's a bank -- 2x hmmm?..., have been encouraged to work with several galleries with their exhibitions -- working to get there, been invited to a few for my solo exhibitions --just verbal invites. My own works and studies are great for 2010 -- in my head. LOL! My plans for solo exhibitions are moving forward. Gaining dust fast! Lastly, my studio plans in my residence is still up! Literally in the air! He he he he! I can’t ask for more. I am happy that these opportunities are happening lately and quite pleased with my hiatus. I am in Manila now for good. I wished though that more of my friends were here with me. A toast to Bobi Valenzuela and Sid Hildawa! I will always remember you guys! A merry year for us all and a second or two to think of friends and family to thank for! Kudos to you my good friends! It is always great to remember people who are important and make it meaningful for you. They remember you and what you did and you remember them. Family matters are fine so I need not worry too much. That comes with getting a stable income and getting insurances with it for my parents. I am committed to that. Take care always of your family.

I have been staying away from some exhibition openings lately, I would like to know more about the emerging artists though. I have been pleasantly surprised that they have been doing well on their exhibitions and been quite visible. It is really a small art scene we have here in the Philippines and very little is not known. I hope we would learn accountability and practice professionalism always. I will be more vocal this coming 2010 and would also be working to organize and coordinate group shows. I am aiming to have shows abroad too.

The Philippines is stronger despite the heavy trials. The successive typhoons, floodings, rebellion, martial law, politicking, volcanic eruptions have taken their toll but not the Filipino spirit. We remain stronger and optimistic always. We have so many things to be proud of. Distinctions that set all of us apart and make us better Filipinos. Those pessimistic people should just stay abroad and immigrate. To hell with you guys! Imfao! He he he he!

We look forward to a new beginning and a new day. The adversaries have been almost insurmountable but true heroes have emerged. I am happy that these unknown supporters help and more than make up for the publicity stunts that few misled ones dare practice --that goes for the art scene in the Philippines too. Talent and hard work pays more that strutting your big fat ass, boring us with theatrics and insecurities around.

There is also a change of concepts and refinements of outdated ones too to look forward. There may be similarities in some but original ideas would also prevail over half baked ones. There might be young artists capitalizing on the changes but they would still have a long road ahead of them. Reprisals will come to haunt you if ever you forget. The older ones would know how to work with their own concepts, bid their time and continue their momentum. Still there are those who settle to prostitute themselves and they will always fall short. It is a cruel fate we have of dog eating dog if you have this attitude of taking advantage and not giving yourself to your artmaking fully. Still, if one would think a few hyped exhibitions, grandstanding, herding into one artgroup, collecting made-up awards, more schooling, auctions and public personalities are all that are important then go for it. It’s a free country. Whatever makes you happy. We are here for the long run. I would always think that here I would retire in the Philippines and paint in my old age. Senility becomes me and if I am still single then I would be happy and be complete. So I would be here too guys. My own works would be here too so make space. Welcome young artists to my world. He he he he.

I am going to the UP Lantern parade tonight December 18, 2009 to enjoy and to touch base where all my young sentiments had started so many years before. Maybe get some fresh air.


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
www.amiel-roldan.tk
www.amielroldan.tk
www.amielaceremoroldan.tk

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts