A Blogger's Night(mare)

02 18 2010

It was a night so serene. Everything seems to be falling in their right place and order. I have been away for a few weeks and haven't even logged on to write a blog for the year. I am quite amused watching the day unfold and events happen in their right course. I guess everyone has their own place under the sun and right now we should just enjoy it while it lasts.

It's quite funny that even the simplest of discomforts could rattle even the most patient person and the critical could calm them on the next instant. I guess I'm just enjoying life as it is. I enjoyed much of the happenings this past year and quite pleasantly surprised on novelties that seem to unfold everyday for 2010.

I guess between Pacquiao fights during these months everyone is crazy for the next bit of sensationalized news. Let's just remember that life is learning for all people. I am happy that I am here in the Philippines and in the arts. I might not be one of those on the limelight but I can enjoy the view from a balcony. Hahahaha.

Gatekeeping is the prerogative of a blogger and anonymity a preference. Recognition is only awarded by those in positions -- be they falling or rising. Legitimacy is commitment to one's cause. Usually those in a frame of command themselves started with anonymity and are quick to defend themselves from threats. The normal course of life is to struggle onwards and leisure a state of mind that we could always do with more.

Through the years I met a lot of characters in the art scene and I respected their individuality and capability. One should always be open to surprises and criticism as those are learning processes we could always do with be us old or young.

I support challenges to norms and traditions. History could be cruel to oppositions but they bring to balance what we normally won't see. I would like to give young people their chances and if they stumble a few on their path to learning so much the better.

Youth has their potentials unbidden and uncontrolled. It's great that we have our chances and it's great that we make names for ourselves. Responsibilities do come with choices we make. I do not condemn any instance of indecision. I don't believe that anyone would be cowardly. I do not believe in power trippings and tyranny. Those in positions should step down on level ground before they argue their causes as what we have during election periods. My sympathies go to the underdogs and underrepresented in our societies to a certain point with accountability. Their voices should also be heard freely and if blogging or a social network could fill that outlet then so be it.

I would encourage more critical visual images and apt wordings and observations. The more the merrier. Diversity should also be promoted. I do not believe that there should be only one or a few voices heard. Debates and discussions should also be encouraged. If one would stay anonymous like a super hero or a villain then so be it. Choices always define us. This time with the new infrastructures in the arts, sensibilities, critics, writers, artists and awareness. Let us hope the arts scene would grow bigger and better in the Philippines.


*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan


Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Comments

Popular Posts