Eat, Drink and Shit Art

07 15 2011

This week was eventful. I just won the five minutes Ridiculous Burger Challenge at A. Venue Mall Makati Avenue corner Valdez St. and at The Fort Strip, Global City, Taguig. Quite a feat really. I did it under 3 minutes. Having that feather under my cap, I could really boast am a pig. Hahahahaha.

I went to several exhibitions the past two months after resigning from my bank work. I enjoyed the exhibitions and the new galleries. I posted new pictures on some of my pages.... I found out I just missed it greatly. I learned my lesson and looking ahead to a brighter one for me.

Having no immediate responsibility was suddenly a pleasant reawakening. No fixed salary to expect though and a health insurance for day to day activities. But I never cared much about it and will never do. It's really a good plan to save for oneself and immediate dependents. I have none though now for a change. I decided to quit work for bettering myself. It was bad really for most to be out of a job at these times but I had to do it since I have not been productive with my artwork despite having a job during this hiatus. I don't hold the six years as a waste. It was something novel that I haven't tried before. It was security. I was never passionate about it though. Even sporting the latest blackberry cell and more gadgets I could think of am ridiculously unchallenged. I have no regrets but it's a decision at this crossroads now and I made it willingly. Now, I just need more works and exhibits. Life is what we make of it.

It was a big thing for me to aspire and make some contributions to the art scene. Looking back I made some awareness but too little. Even though I was part of it. i felt the struggle. I enjoyed it quite while it lasted. Regaling wouldn't change it nor would griping but who wants to? I just want to document my thoughts this time for posterity.

Now its 2011 and am back to square one and a clean slate. What to do now? I always wanted to retire just painting away and even that has changed. I guess a lot of my decisions before made me patient and hopefully more diligent. The zest of youth is past and we are older in all aspects. wiser to accept losses and be thankful for gains. I still have a lot of short term plans still to accomplish but my long term plans are already set. I will enjoy being older just shitting art.

I rue that we had very few opportunities then. It was never so. They were all there but we never took much attention. We were apprehensive rocking the boat. I also rued we were so few back then. That too was not true since we never lacked friends and companions. I still am amazed meeting colleagues and friends everywhere I go. I recalled that someone once told me that if people in Soho or Greenwich greeted you across the street you must be shitting art pretty big. Since when I was there I had several occasions I called off friends' names and they called back. He he he he he. I had a lot of partying and that was a great time. Life was simpler and this too was untrue. Much more expensive or cheaper? This was also subjective. You learn from what fellows passed though. Their decisions and its outcome. One could learn a lot or not. Reinventing yourself just makes you less aware of your baggage. But its a way of survival. Who is to say we should just be coursing one path when we have a lot to take while we live and eat?

The people I looked up to had matured too themselves and I am proud that they continued their course. I greatly respect that the stayed true to what they believed in. Awed that they had always their passion.

I enjoyed listening to my former professor's talk and missed going to the University where I spent a great time of my Art years. I enjoyed meeting with old friends and just relaxing a bit. This is a start of my chapter I guess of "Eat, Drink and Shit Art". This is a phrase I remember the best people in the arts live by. I enjoyed the brutality of the art scene just being a spectator now I get to live it again and again.

Having spent several years under Chabet, I could really understand the challenge of Blood and Glory. Or is it Blood and Gory? I pity the ones who lacked the spine to make it worth though. As I understood it, life gives you opportunities to choose the best teachers that would prepare you for a better life. They also give you lifelong models, teachers and great friends. I am lucky I met and worked with them even though just for the briefest of lifetimes. Reliving that just being in the same peripheral of great people is a life to live for for most. I hope I we wouldn't stop there.

I like living life and am enjoying it. Am thankful for friends, family and mentors. I have my health and my works if am ever finished with them. I have my passion and mojos and will get to enjoy it to the fullest. Being matured and old is something I would look forward to live through.



Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com




P.S. A friend posted this disclosure. I am willing to try it out.

Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

Comments

Popular Posts