Will Work for Art

11202011


It's the last quarter of the 2011 year. A lot of things had happened and passed. Changes have matured everyone including me. Body aches and pains seem just too normal now. Vanity and old age seem most extreme too. I have lost a loved one yet I had gained new friends. My family is strong. I have thrown my heart to corporate servitude to better myself and it handed me back a gift to start anew without strings attached. I had gambled and hoped I would not be regretful for choosing responsibilities first and yet Fate hands my freedom back unexpectedly. Stakes are on my side this time around- older and hopefully wiser. I am ready to work my ass off for my artmaking and to no one. I don't want to miss out on an important part. I want to breathe again.



They say when Serendipity smiles on you, you have to catch it with open arms. She has smiled at me many times and I had to let go. Yet, she smiles again and this time I could catch it with open arms and hopefully I would reach my dreams now.



Sacrifice was a trait I had grown up with. Religion has a lot to account for that. I grew up expecting that no good things came easily. So I had to work for it and wait until the right opportunity and signs. I waited mostly. I learned it was inevitable for me to reach my goals but between that and starting, I had some hard priorities first. It took more than a decade but the wait is well worth it.



I saw a funny account about a man wearing his best Halloween beggar costume with a placard bearing "Will work for an iPhone 4S". It made me think about just how much I would have to work for my artmaking if given the chance again?



My artmaking makes me proud and it also makes me broke- a friend's account seems to ring true. It is a jealous mistress if not a nagging wife. I am married to art making. Until I get this out of my system, I probably wouldn't look hard to get married soon.



I chose a better year to start again. I am older and I have more time. I have my health and have the disposition now. I have my artmaking again. I had watched and learned inevitable lessons in life. Many of those who rose to early fame and wealth are nowhere there now. They forgot that simple things or achievements are what make greater things shinier. Those who kept a great hold and never let go had gone paranoid- losing simple friends. I hope they had been happy. They certainly dazzled the art scene. I hope they know what they have and don't have.



I have been passing my portfolios around again hoping for solo exhibitions. I know I am starting from ground zero but I am enjoying the view from that perspective. I am lucky I know my way around. I am picking galleries I had good relations with before and which kept my interests on. I am also ambitious to work with the best galleries abroad. After several art administrative offers, I learned to grin some more. There would be some place for my art. I just have to make space and find my niche.



When I started my profession, I knew what I wanted was just to exhibit and paint. I met friends who wanted to do the same. I met friends who also wanted differently. I encountered some obstacles because I cared about what others thought first. Nuances of what I wanted and what I didn't want to do. I couldn't go on as I got distracted. Despite finding what I wanted to do, I cared what others wanted to do too. I waited and learned to do everything. It took me a long time while others passed me, I grinned and pushed on. I knew somehow everything would fall into place, that people would always be kind and happy about their dreams too and that was the key to how to be content with life. But somehow between their dreams, their artmaking and their choices they had regrets.



I always wish that as I grew older and every time I assess my life I would never have regrets and never be unhappy about my choices.





*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan

*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan


Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE




Comments

Popular Posts