The Waiting Time

05 15 2009

Last night was also a hectic one... I had an interview at Fort Bonifacio until 6 pm and had to rush to Cultural Center of the Philippines and to Art Informal Gallery in San Juan after to attend their openings... I could not imagine that the interview lasted the whole day... It did... Sigh... I would be starting on June 4 for training. The job interview turned out fine till the end of the final interview. I want two more behind me so I could pick the best one. I probably would go tomorrow for another one.

Going back to the events. The evening was a bit surreal... The show at CCP was well attended but the pieces were haphazardly strewn around. I guess the artists were angsty.. Ha ha ha ha... I could not appreciate the pieces well though...nor could I breathe in the space. Looking at the details in the photos I could see some works were good. So much for organizing an all female group show. We all did have a good time though.

I wanted to follow up on some of the artists that I have been fortunate enough to worked with and be inspired with. I wanted to see their latest works. I am happy that Dr. Brenda Fajardo is in good health. I admire this person too. I was not disappointed to see that they presented some good pieces.Not enough though. I have been uploading some pictures in my multiply account and some with the facebook photos. I wanted to build up some documentations for the new spaces. These would be my layout studies in the future. Hopefully not too many for ones that I would avoid. Tsk tsk tsk. I could not help include all the gallery spaces that I go to nowadays since they are very active with exhibitions.

Later, I know I would be dissecting the images one by one for potentials too for artist to follow. I wish Bobi V was still here. I have none to talk about the works nowadays except for a few friends who I go out with to encourage to continue with their works. If they knew how critical I really am I probably will have no friends but just artists. Ha ha ha ha...

Being optimistic has its perks. Being jovial and encouraging is easy when you appreciate the artist's works very much. I always want to be surprised by nuances and I appreciate consistencies. I always talk with artists. It's the highlight of my day. It is interesting to find that in the few years they would be responsible enough to consistently do better works and have better exhibitions. I am constantly being amazed nowadays by the diversity of artists, works and ideas. I hope that we would still continue these traits through the coming years. These are exciting times.

I am critical to a point and could be very harsh with my decisions. I also found that out through the years. Choices makes you stronger. Do the right choices. I do stand by my decisions until we could see a difference in attitude, concept, body of works and outlook of the artist involved. I do encourage the artists to explore their own possibilities. Some artists are preoccupied in struggling to earn. Sometimes, artists themselves create their own problems. I do belong in that case but I am lucky enough to be obstinate with my other income earning skills. What I earn with my artworks I put back as my capital. What I earn with my jobs, I splurge though. I would probably survive too. Ha ha ha ha.

I have no other suggestion for artists but to continue to hone their techniques, prepare for the years of struggle, appreciate and create new bodies of works, educate themselves for better concepts, avoid vices, be responsible and professional about commitments and always respect your family.


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
www.amiel-roldan.tk
www.amielroldan.tk
www.amielaceremoroldan.tk

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts