Reclining Susan

11 15 2009

Today is the big fight of Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto. The streets again would be empty and the lowest crime rate day would again be here. I hope it goes true for Puerto Rico too. We Filipinos would again be joined as brothers and sisters in celebrating greatness and courage. Many people would join us in our celebration of indomitable spirit of these fighters. Regardless of the outcome we will be happy for Manny Pacquiao and happy to be Filipinos. Patriotism is in the air mostly this days. How I wish that everyday we are proud in being a Filipino.

The past few days I have been again going around the galleries for exhibitions and quite satisfied that there are enough activities to merit setting up some documentations and some articles. I am able to work in some new painting to par. I am also getting my mojos back. Ha ha ha ha. I am just happy that I found the upcoming competition for art foremost to mind – quite predictable really. Every artist would want to win the lotto and this is one were odds are lesser.

The years have been kind to me. Even though I have a bulge now and getting ahead of my years. The time by myself gave me the satisfaction to enjoy life to the fullest. My priorities were in question once but I guess I just wanted a taste of walking on my own two feet. Making most choices my own. I am happy that we could again do a better job.

I hesitated in entering the arena lately because of many reasons. I saw that friends did also advance in years but they still remained friends. Other became more. I wanted to prove something to myself then and lately some things just need to be let go. I was getting uncontrollable and inconsolable with my sentiments. Well, we would all be passing through this stage in life. Call it midlife crisis. Kinder still that I didn’t make a big mess out of it. It remains workable. The messes that is. Still, I see am not really alone on this. Many artists have been on a rollercoaster ride. I hope they enjoy the ride. I did. I have come to accept my shortcomings and hopefully be better off for it. It make one’s life memorable when we are faced with trials and we overcame.

I would forever cringe or be guilty with some of my escapades but life is too short for regrets. I did some for good intentions and saw their results. I am happy to be me. Happier that am Filipino and living in the Philippines. Go Manny Pacquiao! You make us prouder with your wins! The seven world titles in 7 weight divisions could only be done by a Filipino!

Life is always a struggle and each one has his or her fifteen minutes of airtime. Let’s be happy and work hard and try to enjoy these brief highs. I am enjoying my many walks. If ever life would make us wander and meet then those time would be recognized and recorded.





Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
www.amiel-roldan.tk
www.amielroldan.tk
www.amielaceremoroldan.tk

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts