The Morning After



10172012



Another month seems to pass quickly, playing catching up becomes much more challenging. I gained more friends and lost some. The month of October 2012 started upbeat with politics playing and some revelations. I took them all in stride and concentrated on the things I could change for the better.



I found that I had a lot of time to myself to paint, think and write my thoughts, nowadays. I cherish these moments. I am quite clear about my goals and the residencies I want to take next year. Preparing for my exhibitions to come is reachable and conclusive. I am working with drawings and acrylic paintings. I am satisfied with my studies and I plan, by next year, to have several shows with them. I have worked with acrylics and oil years back and they seem to come naturally for me to work with and to explore on. Now that most artists in the Philippines have worked with assistants in some manner, I found solace in a redemption that I could paint better working alone with my own hands. This decisively will be worth my wait for the next decade.



Being older, made me more patient, wiser and financially secured. I would not have wanted it differently. I have saved enough to work comfortably for several years and I know am more than qualified to paint. I do have my reservations but it is just natural that one review and reworks his studies as one moves on. Running away brought me nowhere. It is good that passion, not practicality keeps me rooted and aggressive to want more for my artmaking.



I discovered a lot lately, we are moving towards a better arena for Filipino artists. Gone are the times that established artists ruled favorably and exclusively for decades. Economies come and go but we still continue our artmaking.



Now, we have more individuals forming clear direction, diverse ideas and concrete discipline to immolate. We have censures that are shared not exclusively by a few in positions who dictate but by the call of the times and necessity to create our own identity. The need for changes and reason tempered with experience and skill drives an artist to paint. People are more aware of other artists concepts and have the capabilities to respond immediately with their materials and call attention to wrongs or inaccuracies with their unadulterated passions. We are the times. Our decade is just beginning and it calls for breakthroughs, reassessments, stability, and reinventions. We should not be timid with our goals but pursue them thoroughly to their limits as always.



The times also prove that empowerment has its responsibilities. It should come first to self-awareness and establishing what is apt for our discipline. We have to work to sustain our community by being our own individuals. Working with the means yet flexible enough to get what is needed to sustain and develop our immediate. Why passionately suffer in historic proportions when times have proven that life could also be enjoyed in moderation? Preparing with education and skills tempered with discipline are keys to success but passion and temperance are drivers towards that goal too, right? Holistic awareness and compassion are muses while ambition and competence are strengths that we also should encourage along with them.



Leadership has its purpose and that is why we leave it to the more trustworthy competent ones. Yes, I am dragging now towards politics and I can't help it much. One thing I appreciate is that we have several selections to compare with and none of the years pass of just making do with who is in position.



I'll end up with several of my works for my preparations and portfolio. I direly need several good ones to come up with a good and solid direction for my concepts and it does take the time that ruefully patience is aptly needed. So please bear with my ruminations and quietly watch my performance.



I am beginning to see the thread of misinformation and neglect and I am sorry about the outcome. I am working hard to work with my resources to have what I want to do in life. Necessity and responsibilities played a conscience with my directions in the past. It had helped with responsibilities but never fed my soul. I do not regret learning but consequences are quite harsh for an artist. I have seen it numerous times and felt it on several occasions. But what doesn't break you will mold you stronger than ever. What delays you would make you more patient. I would always want to paint regardless. I see that now clearly. Those that have spare time to babble have more than enough time to paint and pursue their goals. Those that have more should be able to create more influential works. So keep busy always and why complain?







Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
ChatGPT Amiel Roldan

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com



P.S. A friend posted this disclosure. I am willing to try it out.

Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

Comments

Popular Posts