Nice Girls are Made Up of Cups, Saucers, Pendants and Everything Nice!

10072011

A lot of people are probably going to be pissed. The blog title started on a different note. I admire very few works and artists. I hate hyping as I believe that better artists and works could stand on their own merits. I rarely take more than necessary for a press release. I rather like taking liberties with the ideas and images with my article though. I am sometimes a bit frank and a little detrimental if I get carried away. But I say what I want to say. If I don't like an exhibit I wouldn't mention it. I don't take detailed pictures much and I just have the layout photo for future references. If I don't like an artist lo behold I get overly creative and critical. I think I could be worse. I am worse. Sometimes it deserves more references.

I don't like taking all the fun off an exhibit. I consider an artist taking the risk by presenting his works at a good venue. My documentation is for wetting up the viewers' appetite. It is not meant to take away the experience of time, sounds and the venue itself. I love going around shows both with the noisy crowd and on my own. Those are experiences I treasure a lot and my blogs and photographs are very supportive of those thrusts. Go to galleries and watch exhibitions. The experience is enlightening and educational.

Two noteworthy exhibits that I believe were by women artists. I am happy that both grew and continue to progress in their works. I hope that they would continue to work with their inspirations and challenge norms and concepts as well as skills and character. Men artists could be so full of ourselves that quiet strength is sometimes what is needed. Simplicity and vision could be lost rather than pushed forward.

I got carried away yesterday with my visit to Tin-aw Gallery. It is a good place to visit when you have time. You would always have an entertaining time looking at their exhibitions. I met friends there and a good staple of gallery hopping. The owners Maria and Dawn love to talk. Ha ha ha ha ha Sharing a cup of coffee and a good conversation about the art scene completes my day. I forget the time when this rarity happened. Even though they were preparing for a night's grand opening at Finale with Mark Justiniani's, I got almost three hours of good insight, marvelous time plus a well-curated Pam Yan Santos show titled "They Are Birds If They Fly".

I didn't get to visit Keiye Miranda's exhibition "Strangely Familiar". My loss. I only saw the pictures posted on the net. Perhaps, it should be a good thing. I was impressed with the pictures and the concept. I would rather though have only the pendants present. It's my opinion though that it could have stood well on its own.

A lot of artists tend to clutter their exhibitions with explorations, studies, improper notations and highfalutin exhibition notes that are frankly grandstanding of the most curator are to be an impassioned idiot writer. An exhibition to be strong should not have distractions. I would have the artist show through his body of work not bodies of work. A show is not a portfolio but fine-tuned offerings. It is well thought off and the best the artist could offer at this time. To have old works and references rather makes it pathetic. I have it that exhibition notes are there to give insights otherwise not known. To have another writer write their interpretation, melodrama, and reference on other works takes away more than it gives. If you're the artist you wouldn't want to have the show taken away from you.

Some artists also are there more for the sentimentality. Boring. It brooks on idiosyncrasy, dead end, and stagnation. Fools.







*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan


Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Comments

Popular Posts