Another home... Colon District

Another home... Colon District
August 4, 2008, 7:22 pm

I wondered for a time how it would feel to stay at a boarding house and live a life of separation from family for most of the year... A student life ... It's quite late for me but maybe I could just have a brief encounter with the lifestyle...I had a very good life, I guess, so wondering didn't materialize that soon... But I kept on thinking how it would be... until a year after I came to Cebu City to finally live on my own... I wanted to be away from my family early on... but I guess I never had the guts before...

Dried fish permeates the air, jitney and bus pollution, sweat and rotting food occasionally mingles... You could get run over by speeding cars and faint of heatstroke... Natives from the provinces come here to beg for money and food here in this part of the city … Calamity struck provinces brings a steady migration of people thrust in the city life… People out to con and cause mischiefs are also rampant… Vendors selling wares occasionally shout their trades add to the dynamic noise of people living in this City… This is the air scents and sounds of Colon… A major part of the people of Cebu…



Christmas 2008 is coming soon... Filipinos are very much festive on this occasion and the New Year is always celebrated with many preparations... I missed that... Last year, when I celebrated Christmas 2007 and New Year 2008 at work and belatedly with a few drinks after shift with fellow neighbors at my bachelor pad… It was great with the incentives and trimmings… Don't get me wrong, it's just different with fewer people… Well, I'll try it differently this year… I am still away from family but will have new friends at a new pad at Colon, Cebu... I am still keeping my bigger pad for my things and my professional studio but would keep myself distanced to my works by immersing myself with people.. We are social animals and this recently came up... I would like to keep my privacy so I stay some nights at my old place, some nights at the office and some nights at my new boarding house pad... I want to set up a camera outside my window just to do some people studies... Lately, I was just looking at cows and it has become routine that I would have to pass on that for some time... I was rarely going out of the boundaries of IT park asides from Ayala where I go for my gym at Fitness First... Even going to exhibit openings is becoming too infrequent... Well, I am offering changes... Just yesterday my neighbor fired a gun in front of spectators to stop a brawling. .. I stopped the landlady from the fuss and told her to go inside as I was worried she might have a heart attack...I am bothered though that it would have an effect on the children...some were already bewildered about the brawl and the noise … I observed them after the incident and they were very destructive afterwards (kicking doors and shouting)… They would have emotional scars from these events… Kind of reminds me of happenings just like in Manila and Mandaluyong… I wish I had had an excuse for a camera ready...



Late at night karaoke singing usually ended with barangay tanods closing the bars.... There are illegal drugs in the city and am sure of that... It's afternoon and they peddle it blatantly... I am not naive… But know that my stand is adamantly against drug use… Curfew is set up around Colon City and midnight checkpoints are set up frequently….Drinking is the past time here… With many young people, prostitution is here… The people are quite liberated and exposed...It is quite different and the same from many parts of Manila... But there is some sort of order too... There is an army detachment and police station here... You'll hear the tanods coming a kilometer away with all the racket of their motorcycles... This is an old city with new people... Tourists also come to these parts. It kinda reminded me of the book "The Beach."The schools and universities keep the population growing every school semester... Malls are being put up and lately a drive to rehabilitate the surroundings like Manila was talked about in the newspapers... I still have to see the changes though... The district houses the municipal hall buildings, government department buildings, city landmarks, town businesses, town capital, postal building, and the pier. It is like a small Intramuros, university belt, pier, Binondo et al. rolled into one… Talk about changes…. I like it here… I see a different Cebu every day… Heck !!! I meet a different Cebu everyday... The thing to always remember is that it is quite small so people know people... They would know you from afar... I meet a lot of my friends around the city in this district. .. I want to learn the language of this city fast… I am falling in love with the City and its people… Maybe I am falling in love with the wrong part of the city… But I am game for the ride… 08 05 2008


*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan



PS A friend posted this disclosure. I am willing to try it out.

Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE





Comments

Popular Posts