Defining Mediocrity

July 8, 2000


Mediocrity is a word that I want removed from the language. A connotation based solely on bias--- an excuse “term” for an otherwise unfamiliar terrain of idea. Quite pretentious to the person saying it and unjust to the person referred to. Let me tell you the singular meaning of this word, limbo, neither here nor there, lacking, not worth the time everyone has his/ her day and no one could take that away! One could be more truthful to say that you don’t have talent than saying your work is mediocre.
I guess I would be faulted with my association with people connected with this term. I have no illusions about myself. I am what I decide to do. My own person’s choice. I may be accused of being one but I’m at a stage that believes that one should always have leeway for change. I guess with a lot of critical persons in the art scene we all would not escape unscathed.



Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
www.amiel-roldan.tk
www.amielroldan.tk
www.amielaceremoroldan.tk

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts