The Nightwalkers

December 16, 1999


I took a turn at Malate one early morn,
To a place that night has shown a darker mien.
Where one lives off the streets to sell one’s wares.
And the most who travel knew no rest.

A place where light fell never to pick itself up;
And where one would search endlessly.
Never enough, never too much,
Just barely to survive the night.

Where light illuminating the youth of its twin,
not once lightly touched this desolate place.
Where, few could be charmed to loose in the shadows,
In reminders to forget, a light and know never-ending sorrows.

To tempt in this night and to lose oneself,
In those searching eyes that would not let me rest,
In the covered canopies and the damp corners
On hurried passions and wanton sex .

I curse the night that teases me,
Bullies my body and tempts my soul,
To add shades to their sad plight,
Mar them again and again to a promise release.

Who says that money could offer what most seek?

A few tokens for a quickie trick.
I could walk the endless night till dawn;
But I could never look at faces,
Reflecting a hopelessness that I had not borne.

The eyes that look but not to see;
The hands that caress but not to touch,
The shivers that do not make one feel want;
The hands that take but do not to give,

The body that gives but does not nourishes itself;
The moans that mirrors man’s seeking soul,
The little promises that one whispers but will never keep;
To walk and walk the early hours of dawn ,
forgetting and yet remembering all.




* * *

Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
www.amiel-roldan.tk
www.amielroldan.tk
www.amielaceremoroldan.tk

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts