Statements

As an artist, I have worked with different kinds of printmaking mediums to promote societal and individual concepts that would help Filipinos relate to their multicultural experiences. In this way, I hope to repossess what Filipino tradition and what our Philippine history has contributed. I have found the medium of printmaking surprisingly very powerful in bridging the gap and moving forth to new media.

I see that my role as a printmaker artist is to try to narrate and bridge the historical and contemporary understanding for my immediate community and to relate my concepts to each new Filipino generation to come. That as an artist, I should always try to transcend my media and concepts. That through opportunities like residencies I hope to excel, update my understanding and skill to better accomplish a contemporary place in Philippine society.

I hope to present a new series of prints in an installation exploring and venturing into new media. I wish that these works would interact with an immediate community more particularly one which I will work with during this residency stay. I hope to relate and present these contemporary works during the open studios. In this way I hope to ease and reclaim the contemporary Asian context of my works. I would like to transcend the normal gallery or museum setup and I wish I would be able to be effective.

My past works done abroad reflect the continuation of integral personal shifts in presenting dichotomies and disproportions in multi-aspects of cultural exchanges with other people. This will always be a direction that I would wish to research on in a professional level.

My body of works of past represents also an inward look at how one could be an idealist in an energetic populous like the City of Mandaluyong in the Philippines. It is quite reactionary to societal and political changes around me and would remain so.



Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
www.amiel-roldan.tk
www.amielroldan.tk
www.amielaceremoroldan.tk

at my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/a-g-roldan.html
www.myspace.com/amiel_roldan
www.amiel_roldan.multiply.com
www.face-pic.com/amiel_roldan

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts