After the Opening

 ******







After the Opening
April 27, 2003


I had my second solo relief print exhibition titled 'Pasintabi' last March 16, 2003 to April 15, 2003 at the Kulay Art Galleries located at 25 Lopez Avenue Lopez Village, Sucat, Parañaque.  I sold quite a few works.  I am writing this article to try to put into paper some of my thoughts after all my efforts to present a print show.  I am quite happy with the outcome personally and have been enthusiastic for quite some time now to try to come up with a much better body of works.  This was also a happy occasion for me.  I just received a grant from the Asian Cultural Council for a six month stay in the US. It was a very hectic month of preparations that despite some very surprising twist of events, the show pushed through.  I was not able to come up with a better alternative for directly posting the paper works on the concrete wall.  I didn't have the resources then and I always never asked for help.  Tsk tsk  tea  I provided the additional matting and the invitations with hardly big expenses.  I am very much enthusiastic with the tarpaulin provided for the show.  I also observed that during preparations for these events I was always in a hurry.  I wanted it to be better but I always miss the chance.  I remember the first exhibit I had at Hiraya so I decided not to have an opening here.  I presented 26 black relief prints for my second solo show.  All were consistently done and quite interestingly noted by my contemporaries.  The hanging provisions were the only questionable part of the show.  I had a long sermon about that from then curator Bobi V. But who can remain sad about it when I will be abroad for a few months on an all expenses paid grant. Fast Forward...After being back from my grant in New York City there were a lot of changes.  I hope to be a better artist in the future.  Lately, I seem to have detractors on the ideas I present at Kulay Diwa Art Galleries as its new curator and director.  Things do change unexpectedly.  Choices made.  Mistakes and successes learned.  I hope to overcome them.  I have been independent in my ideas and have the drive to be independent still in the future.  I chose my career and I would live up to it.  Sigh.








Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at 
ChatGPT-4

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag-roldan.html

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com











ctto 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Stay In New York City

A Disclosure for My Blogs

Ruminating Death