Another Exhibit At The Mall


Another Exhibit at the Mall
May 28, 2009, 10:11 pm
***05 28 2009




There has been much lately on the news and keeping abreast of current events could be distracting.  The A(H1N1) epidemic and the drug video sex scandal have taken so much attention that Filipinos have more in common now to talk about.  This is the new drug of the masses - news and scandals.  Perhaps we now have so much to talk about that we would have no time to act on these events happening around us.  Going back to a more personal event.  I now have a diary just to write down all the exhibits and events that I might be interested in going to.

Going to Megamall to attend another exhibit is tiring, lately.  I almost didn't go.  Lethargy is in the air.  Sigh.  There was a good crowd and I am sure with the show being in a mall it would generate a good market audience.  I would rather think that the artist Oscar Villamiel had nobler visions with these set pieces on his very first solo exhibit.  Who would want muck on their walls?  I like it that the artist took the time to prepare exhibition notes and to connect the works with his concept.  I wonder though how long his pieces would be up since some are quite energetic to a point... I remember an exhibit caused quite an uproar when one nude painting got censored.  Well, I am sure the artists have thought about the stricter measures in mall exhibitions.  The only concern I have are the gaffs and hooks accessible to the unattended smaller mall viewers.  They are very sharp and could cut.  They are used in cockfighting and are designed to cling and cut deeply.  I would guess this would be the fastest exhibit that I would see if that would happen.  I am betting it would be.

I also attended another exhibit at the Crucible Gallery.  It is a group show among former schoolmates.  I enjoyed the piece by Lirio Salvador.  He uses body conductivity for his piece to create interactive music.  Touching the balls of his sculptural robot to create the sounds was an instant hit with the audiences.  The other pieces were quite diverse.  I am proud that a number of active and good artists today came from this fine arts university.  The university is producing very good artists.  I was a bit disappointed about the constraints that I observed with the works.  There was no continuity and relatedness aside from coming from the same alma mater.  The medium and format did not help the exhibit.  Having one small piece for each artist was not quite effective for the show. It was difficult to see each one apart from the other.  It could be arranged better.  It needed more pieces from each artist.  I know that the artists have explored different mediums through the years and have shown this in their other works, but the small gallery space is limiting to house the number of artists that participated.  I am going to be particular with exhibitions again.  I am also going to enjoy the show and the company.





ChatGPT-4
Amiel Gerald A. Roldan

#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barranca Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag-roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Stay In New York City

A Disclosure for My Blogs

Ruminating Death