Earning My Php In The Philippines

Earning My Php In The Philippines

August 18, 2008, 8:12 pm



I've started to think seriously on how one could earn your millions before you end up in retirement pension... Considering most have income asides from the permanent job that they have stayed for sometime.. Over qualified and underpaid positions that one would not think about vacating.     It is hard work applying for another same position and we do get older.     There are lower salaries always offered to newer graduates with no experience even if they are college graduates... That is the power of discrimination in the Philippines.

If I stayed in my current job for the next six months then I would have the tenure and regularization benefits... I would have my health benefits by that time and apply for my dependents in a year as a single... I will have my free dental and if I have a perfect SAF then I could keep this income indefinitely.     Performance comes second only to availability and flexibility in my job requirements.

    A word of caution to new applicants... Less than 6 months experience doesn't hold water for good salary offers.     Increase would be the time of the year you are hired so job fairs are tricky... It could go beyond two years before you realize that you haven't been offered a basic increase.     Incentives are good but basic increase affect your overtime, benefit upgrades and extra holiday pay...

   With so many expenses I would be lucky to save money for contingencies but that is hardly the case as everyone gets older and we do expect better lifestyles.     One would not choose to wallow in stringent measures if one could help oneself.     We all dream of bettering ourselves... I wouldn't want to always ride jitneys in my 30's.     I could hardly see myself hanging out off an overcrowded jitney at peak hours because I am saving or scrimping for a better set of clothes to wear to work.

    So back to the millions or billions to dream bigger... If I end up earning an annual gross of Php 260,000 in my earnings right now in my current job I would have saved 20 percent of that give or take.

    That would be of course outside of loans and credit card expenses.     That is to say, without major festivities, birthdays, calamities, deaths or accidents in the immediate family.     Pathetic!     Right?

    This is a realistic summation of the times so let me continue.     It would take me twenty years to save that first million and I would be in retirement by that time.     Save for winning the lotto three consecutive times in a row, I don't think that would be realistic or feasible... I would say that in twenty years a million would just be a hundred thousand Php and that would not be much savings.     I would bet that would just be enough to cover a vacation trip to the local beach area for a few days…

      I wouldn't want to scrimp on living leisurely at my age now… Bad for health…Hahahaahaha….     I am 36 years old and I would expect my job to pay for my daily expenses, short term wants and finance medium wants and keep some for my dependents (parents) or immediate relatives.     I would expect my earnings to keep and offer me better options as the years pass... I would not be maintaining my job if it does not offer me that basic necessity and/ or well not keep me for very long.

     I do have in mind setting up a business or two.  I do want the choice to travel if I want to.     
      Hong Kong and Singapore would be normal destinations.     Visiting relatives abroad is current too if I am lucky to get a visa.     I want to build and invest in my own home.     If my current salary would not allow this then I would not be happy.     I would be looking for a better offer soon.     I am in fact asking around now... I just passed an interview with one job offer and that is buoying my spirits.     No offer for car incentive though...I haven't lost any interview offer at all.     I am canvassing now what Cebu City could offer me in comparison with my salary (Manila based).     It is sad but I have to look harder but I am not losing hope now that I have more years of experience.     It doesn't match or improve on it so far.

     In Manila with my current connections I earned 2x what I earn here with another job at workshop teaching, facilitating and some tutorials.     I have been teaching for more than ten years though.     I am at my peak in that position.     Still not contented though with this so I opted for an account transfer to Cebu.     I am hoping that my tutorials would be started here too soon.     The income projection is exclusive of what I earn abroad for my sold works and commission as an artist, of course.     That is a capital that I have for the long term.     Give or take in ten years time my works would be competitive with international artists.     I have more years of experience now than I had back then.     Like in any endeavor, I am expecting it to pay off, too... Security is in plurality and reinvention.    Now, I want an automatic tenure increase for any job I take... Pride would work with me and consistency.     It need not be offered nor announced and/or deliberated.     Any development is given.

     Going back to the savings… Another plan would be is if I invest in a condo unit or property at this current year at what the company is paying me… I would be putting off moving for at least three years to stabilize my expenditures… That means I wouldn't be doing much just paying of the deposit and keeping up my monthlys up to date... But in a year or two my earnings would have increased by 100 percent or more if I sell the unit/property by current market then .     I would then mortgage it to buy another less developed one or two and my money would be rolling.     In 10 years time I might be well off.     If there are no untoward contingencies I might just end up with a property or two that I wanted and some savings... Still, I would be keeping my current job for another five years or more and end up with a loyalty watch, a plaque of appreciation, numerous client keychains or T-shirts for my efforts.  I might be able to auction these memorabilia and actually earn some bucks on Ebay.

    I might still venture on a business half-heartedly now and might pull off a coup de état. and actually survive the economics, sell and profit before my retirement pension of a paltry 3 Thousand Php a month (at the going rate now with my pension at SSS).  I would keep a gallery and a nice retirement home beside a beach property.  But that is far off from what I could potentially do with my artworks...and exhibiting them... Yes, I would have a short term plan, medium plan and a long term plan but that isn't at all exciting.  In my retirement, I would probably sell modestly with my collections of works and regularly exhibit by then for major shows…

     I might actually be teaching by then at college as a nearsighted old fart that keeps books at the trunk of his registered Ferrari 2020…sigh … That is if I settled down and postponed half of what I want to actually do… which would be to just bum around for the next ten years, travel, exhibit and die a starving artist without a pension or health care.  The latter I could avoid as I have the minimum requirement employed now... Such romanticism exudes some truth.  Cynicism abounds in my blood and prophecy is an unquestioned gift.  Pathetic and unexciting but true and proven on numerous events in life.  I keep ready and on my toes with challenges.  There are a lot of examples here in the neighborhood I've put myself in if I fail.  Several senior citizens sleeping on the pavement with just cartons and wet blankets around the city.  Perhaps due to the calamities that struck the provinces or the exodus of the masses - thinking that it's better to beg on the streets or charge it to the nearest church.  Drugs are on the streets.  I see more adults rather than children we see in Manila often.  Kind of surreal.  Manang and Manong playing rugby.  Joining the rallies also relocated the poor to the city steps.

     Automatic debiting on my payroll is another alternative.. Out of sight is out of mind… They call this savings the automatic millionaire wherein you have debiting every payroll to a time deposit account… Probably postdated checks on checking account linked to a payroll account financing… Well... Lets say that this is the most feasible savings strategy for me if I don't get my hands in the time deposit for five to ten years though...

     I am just hoping that I could be lawfully earning from different occupations that befits my qualifications rather than stay and settle in just one.  I want another occupation or two complementing with a minimum of four hours and two days a week - contractual jobs with retaining/tenure benefits given.

     Much like having more than 4 different jobs with the benefits of tenure.     Of course I have my professional job as an artist, but that is not given for fellows out there.     This alternative lifestyle is taking its toll.     I'm not sorry to lose a home but to gain an 800 sq m studio property I might settle down... Now, I would be extolling changes on the streets soon if this doesn't get addressed.     I seek a legal way- a simple proposal.     A letter to the concerned and the might be.


     We need not be contractually tied down by restrictions of any employer.     Revise the employment contracts with the understanding that there is no competition that stipulates working for just one employer.     With this alternative, we might just address the unemployment situation on the longer term.     The current employers already have us for the 9 hour basic contracts.     Why do they have to mess up with what we do with the other 15 hours of the day?     Sleep is just a state of mind.     Hard on the body but good for addressing the financial issues.     Man created the routine - truthfully, the outsourcing demand did.     Coffee has been a miraculous invention at that.     We can always improve or fit the situation on a case to case basis.
     
     I want to apply for numerous short hour jobs and be accepted with my current choices.     It should be health card, SSS and Pag-ibig complemented... I don't see myself doing anything else on my retirement except to work less for more... I won't completely stop... I'll be just manage another company.     I don't want to stay conditioned to maintain just one job be it satisfying or not.     Hell! 

    There are 24 hours a day.     If they could not afford to give the right salary and benefits then allow us employees to also work with other employers that would give us contractual work for 6 hours or less on another part of our day.     Is there no right/freedom in our free hours?     The government should earn from these income taxes right?     They would recognize regularization on minimized working hours. 

    Alternative shifts that address the current demands and metrics that are set with working with this generation's demand.     Minimum wage earners exempted should be those only for the regular shifts.
With this committed in writing.     There is hope that I might just perhaps earn my millions before I die too old to enjoy my hard earned savings.     It should be easy.     Right?

08 19 2008 Dirty Old Man



   

*** A Disclosure for My Blogs


My Humble Apologies to Everyone.

I wish I had the patience to edit and reedit my writings / paint and repaint works.     I know I missed a lot of errors.     I tend to drag, digress, compromise, and be emotional about accounts.     A typical OCD.     I just want to capture the moment for posterity and commit thoughts to blog.     Staring at a blank piece of paper, I just want to make my marks.     I enjoy writing and will continue until the end.     I enjoy editing and repainting.     Live life fully.     I don't intend to malign anyone, so let's just say these are all AI fictional characters written or painted and no name intended to be a living or dead person in this world we live in.   All creations in this private world are mine and mine alone.   lol ...  


Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines


#35-D P. Oliveros St., Barangka Ibaba,
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
(63) 09493258682 



*** visit me at ChatGPT-4
http://www.facebook.com/miel.roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag- roldan.html


please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


https://paypal.me/AmielGeraldRoldan



*** Chashama was founded in 1995 by Anita Durst to celebrate the legacy of theater visionary Reza Abdoh. Chashama's initial focus was on the production and presentation of new theater. Recognizing that a lack of affordable space was the biggest threat to sustaining a diverse cultural environment in New York City, we began to work toward securing studio and presentation space in Midtown Manhattan for struggling artists by partnering with Property Owners that provide unused space to Chashama. In the first decade, we secured seven locations on 42nd street between 6th and Broadway, presenting over 700 shows.

Since then, we've moved from midtown Manhattan to the 5 boroughs and beyond, giving artists work and presentation spaces, as well as providing free art workshops in under served communities. Currently, we present 150 events a year, have workspace for 120 artists, and have developed 80 workshops in under served communities. https://chashama.org/event/i-made-this-40-worth-studios-group-show-at-217/
















Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.     You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein.     The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.     UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Stay In New York City

A Disclosure for My Blogs

Ruminating Death