When You Get Sick

 



When You Get Sick
July 16, 2010, 6:25 am
***07162010



I don't know how it started but this week seems to top all.  I just got better from sore throat a week ago and now a few days ago I was diagnosed with hypertension with a whooping 180/110… Am OK.  I guess since twice I was discharged from ER without a scolding.  It kinda puzzles me though about the irregularities... I will be under maintenance from now on.  I should bring my own blood pressure test device though the next time.  I just got twice in ER a 130/90 even without rest today only after a few minutes travel to and fro.
Children get sick and adults too I guess now.  If I push too much I get bad health.  If I pace it my performance suffers then.  A balance in life.  Now, I understand more the idea of ​​​​too many things and so little time.  It kinda flashes by too quickly.  The idea of ​​burning candles and what other things you haven't done in life.  I'm delving into the regrets so I'll keep it short.  I got a long sermon from the company doctor about maintenance and healthy living at my age of 38. Quite an earful but you have to be serious for once in these kind of events.  Take care of yourself always as you also take care of others around you.  You should always treasure the moments you lived a carefree life and I guess that would have to be cut short now.  Tsk tsk tsk  Life is too short.  You make all your best efforts and hopefully you will make the best mark in life and others.

Am sorry for the babbling though people.  It's just that I couldn't keep away from the internet without writing something about this extraordinary week for me.  I am learning though again in a slightly painful way that in the end you keep only the things you started with.  I also learned to cherish the moments of my life more everyday.

What would one keep when his/her health is failing?  Money?  Photographs?  Books?  Art?  Car?  Titles?  or Clothes?  Everything would be useless until the end and quite so trivial.  Imagine spending your last breath haggling the price down.  Ha ha ha ha ha... That is a question for us all.  Even without monetary gain I would always keep good art with my best.  I think of my works as family too in a weird way.

It cascaded the next few days to become more surreal.  Dad just had a heart attack last night amid the brownout that caught up the whole of Luzon for more than 12 hours.  He will be confined in ICU for the next five days. He is stabilizing now and in good hands but this comes as a blow on a great year for all of us.  He has the best doctors and quite energetic.  He has more sleep now as he will be sedated I guess in ICU for the duration of his stay there.  Everything is quite better.  He has medications for his blood sugar levels and attention to the smallest pain.  Good ole Dad!  My health card would cover some only.  Time will tell.  It will probably be only the consultations if worse gets to be the case.  Am still working out the kinks for more percentage.  Company rules that seemed alien to me a few years back are quite common and negotiable to me now.  I am now in a corporate world too.  Juggling so many things is quite hard but not impossible.  Mom was totally left out of the deal though.  Because of their age now mom just missed getting a health card for the year and dad only has the last 3 months to have his.  Luck places a great deal but it is quite unpredictable.  I always believe that Lady Luck has always been by my side. This has become a test of something we could extend and go beyond....prayers, beliefs, reassurance, help and a supportive family we should never have to do without.  Missing just one could be a great ordeal.  Not that anyone is critical but that we could always remember to make your choices count with the right supportive people around you.

When you get sick bad?  Who do you want to be there with you?
Everyone was initially joyful of the birth of Joaquin and Juan Iñigo but caring for growing babies in reality is a full time job with no holidays for years to come.  Congratulations to the new moms and dads.  But I will say this, a child's smile and laughter is precious and a joy to hear even in the most angst state.

I am enjoying very much my stay at my new company.  It became a bit like numbers when one would balance performances, the perfect attendance and try to get more sleep in.  I tried thinking of all the ifs' but could never put anything against working a good living in perhaps the best company for me.  Never mind that I am regressing again.  I enjoy working with the arts in a more conducive and pre-planned setting... Why not get the best then at this time?  Get a health card to boot while your at it.  Life is also too short to limit what you can learn and do even in the grand old age of 38.

Choices are subjective so I'll just say what I did was best for me now.  It might keep me anchored longer since this revelation….  Appreciation and Loyalty places one's affection to a piece of company logo unwittingly.  Sigh….  Hahahaha. I am just thinking of staying put now and painting away in the Philippines...

PS I saw a good exhibit amidst all of these though.  An ongoing sculpture show at the Deutsche Bldg at the Fort.  I am guessing it is by Sajid Imao too as there was a great fanfare when the huge opening happened.  I have a hard time getting in though as these were reserved for VIP.  Security and everything falls short on aesthetics.  Tsk tsk tsk  Good job on the new sculpture in front of the building Sajid!





Amiel Gerald A. Roldan™
Mandaluyong City, Philippines

*** visit me at
ChatGPT Amiel Roldan

and my blogs:

www.amielroldan.wordpress.com
www.amielroldan.blogspot.com
www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/ag-roldan.html

please comment and tag if you like my compilations.

amiel_roldan@yahoo.com
amiel.roldan@gmail.com


PS A friend posted this disclosure.  I am willing to try it out.

Warning: Any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.  You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents therein.  The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.  UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Stay In New York City

A Disclosure for My Blogs

Ruminating Death